ISSUE-74 canvas-accessibility - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:15:34 -0400
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
The current status for this issue:

- We have a request for advice from the editor:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2009Jun/0093.html>.
- We have a Change Proposal to extend the focus rectangle API to cover
the caret.
- We have another Change Proposal to add a boolean nonav attribute to
canvas to hide contents from AT and keyboard navication.
- We have an Accessibility Task Force recommendation on this issue:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0335.html>.
- We are expecting a counter-proposal (based on image maps), with the
current draft being available at
<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Map4NotAdom>.

At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit alternate Change
Proposals (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal Details), in
case anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a different
change than the specific one in the existing Change Proposals.

If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by July
23rd, 2010, we proceed to evaluate the change proposals that we have
received to date.

- Sam Ruby