W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > June 2010

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:32:57 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <104E6B5B6535E849970CDFBB1C5216EB2F1E7D5A@TK5EX14MBXC132.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
See minutes online at http://www.w3.org/2010/06/10-html-wg-minutes.html

HTML Weekly Teleconference
10 Jun 2010

Chair: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Adrian Bateman
Regrets: Laura Carlson

Topics
1. ACTION items due by Thu Jun 10
2. Items that close this week (by Thu Jun 10)
3. New Issues This Week
4. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this week
5. Candidate new Calls for counter proposals next week
6. Candidate new Calls for consensus next week
7. WG Decision Policy update
8. Survey results
9. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts
10. Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force
11. Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force
12. Other Business
13. Scribe for next meeting
14. Adjournment
________________________________________
<trackbot> Date: 10 June 2010
<scribe> ScribeNick: adrianba
<scribe> Scribe: Adrian Bateman
<pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status from Paul Cotton on 2010-06-10 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
paulc: expect this meeting to be short
... chairs have had limited availability and limited overlap to be able to move items forward
ACTION items due by Thu Jun 10
paulc: None this week
<MikeSmith> action-181?
<trackbot> ACTION-181 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to explore extracting assertions from the HTML5 spec -- due 2011-05-03 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/181
<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-181 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
<MikeSmith> action-180?
<trackbot> ACTION-180 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to post more videos for testing -- due 2011-05-03 -- OPEN
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/180
<plh> close action-180
<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-180 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
<trackbot> ACTION-180 Post more videos for testing closed
<plh> close action-181
<trackbot> ACTION-181 Explore extracting assertions from the HTML5 spec closed
paulc: could plh/krisk please close ISSUE 180 and 181
Items that close this week (by Thu Jun 10)
<plh> done
paulc: there were none
New Issues This Week
paulc: None of these either.
New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this week
paulc: none although agenda items 5/6 point to items we may be doing next week
... there wasn't an opportunity to make decisions to get these done this week
Candidate new Calls for counter proposals next week
ISSUE-109?
<trackbot> ISSUE-109 -- change ARIA section title and add extra text about use of ARIA -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-109 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
ISSUE-110?
<trackbot> ISSUE-110 -- Change Control for text/html-sandboxed media type -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/110
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-110 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
paulc: chairs plan to issue calls for counter proposals next week
... we have change proposals for these
... we'd like to measure consensus by asking for counter proposals
Candidate new Calls for consensus next week
ISSUE-101?
<trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- Spec reference for US-ASCII -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/101
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-101 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
ISSUE-105?
<trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
ISSUE-107?
<trackbot> ISSUE-107 -- Politics in fallback example for plugin usage -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/107
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-107 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
paulc: does anyone have comments?
... plan to do a call for consensus
WG Decision Policy update
paulc: no update - maciej does the heavy lifting here
... he has been on vacation so nothing has happened here recently
Survey results
paulc: survey results on 4 issues
ISSUE-93?
<trackbot> ISSUE-93 -- Delete Details Element -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/93
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-93 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
ISSUE-95?
<trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
ISSUE-96?
<trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
ISSUE-97?
<trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
paulc: chairs haven't yet had a chance to discuss the results of these surveys
... this will be item #1 on the agenda for monday
Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts
paulc: anyone following public-html know that sam and paul put the request on hold late on tuesday
... there has been lots of e-mail and changes are being made to the docs
... one formal objection has been raised on a related issue
... we will pick this up on monday in the chairs meeting
... any comments?
... okay, this is pending on the chairs
Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force
janina: news from the A11Y TF is that we have a complete proposal for issue-74
issue-74?
<trackbot> ISSUE-74 -- How accessibility works for <canvas> is unclear. -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-74 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
janina: but we also plan to send a counter proposal
... this may sound strange but we have two possible alternatives and we think implementers should comment on the options
paulc: you said proposal and counter proposal - does that mean more consensus for one or the other?
janina: i don't think people have a strong opinion on which is best - they both have strong merits
... people want help deciding between them
paulc: can i say you have two alternate engineering proposals that solve this?
janina: we have two to consider but one that is ready to publish
... that's pretty much it
... the media sub tf is working through requirements, etc.
<MikeSmith> issue-9?
<trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- how accessibility works for <video> is unclear -- open
<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-9 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
janina: there is a lot of work here but it is proceeding
... we wouldn't want to publish this document (the requirements) in its current form
... but we think it does convey the central issues well
... for example, not necessarily everyone is expected to do everything in the doc
... the point is that the spec needs to support these use cases
... otherwise there is no opporunity to provide the support some communities may need
... multiple tracks of video, audio, text and some way to sync time on those
... if you implement this then you would be expected to behave in this way
... so some small devices might not be able to do all these things
... just like not all authored content is required to do this
... but it needs to be possible
... hcg suggested we try to get more of the industry involved in this space
... i'm proceeding on the basis that this has the possibility of becoming _the_ next media platform
Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force
krisk: group met as planned on 6/1
<krisk> Meeting Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010Jun/0000.html
<pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 6/1/2010 from Kris Krueger on 2010-06-01 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
krisk: plh was able to set up our automatic publishing from hg
<plh> http://test.w3.org/html/
<pimpbot> Title: HTML Testing area (at test.w3.org)
<krisk> see See -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2010Jun/0002.html
<pimpbot> Title: test.w3.org and test2.w3.org from Philippe Le Hegaret on 2010-06-02 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from June 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
krisk: group is working on async harness proposed by jgraham
... and some video tests
... that's about it for now
... meet again next tuesday - every second week - calendar is on the wiki
<plh> --> http://media.w3.org/2010/05/video/ Videos for testing
<pimpbot> Title: Index of /2010/05/video (at media.w3.org)
Other Business
paulc: anything else people want to raise?
Scribe for next meeting
paulc: any volunteers?
... none heard
... now that we will have 3 co-chairs back we will be able to push things along again
... watch your mail on mon/tue
Adjournment
paulc: thanks everyone


-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton 
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:31 PM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: Adrian Bateman; Kris Krueger; Janina Sajka; Michael(tm) Smith
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-06-10: action items, decision policy, task force reports, publication status

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2010-06-10 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

    http://timeanddate.com/s/1r7y

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thu Jun 10
     http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda
None.

2. Items that close this week (by Thu Jun 10)
None.

3. New Issues This Week:
None.

4. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this week
None.

5. Candidate new Calls for counter proposals next week

a) ISSUE-109 aria-section-title
b) ISSUE-110 sandbox-type-owner

6. Candidate new Calls for consensus next week

a) ISSUE-101 us-ascii-ref
b) ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap
c) ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example

7. WG Decision Policy update
No update.

8. Survey results
   
a) ISSUE-93 details
b) ISSUE-95 hidden
c) ISSUE-96 progress
d) ISSUE-97 meter

No update.

9. Heartbeat Working Drafts & First Public Working Drafts

Publication of HTML5 on hold, pending resolution of the contents of the 
status section.

10. Task Force Reports

a) Accessibility Task Force
b) Testing Task Force

11. Other Business

TBD

12. Scribe for next meeting

Volunteers?

13. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Thursday, 10 June 2010 16:34:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:17:09 GMT