Re: Request for editing guidance

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:24:19 -0700
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> Why is microdata in its own draft but class="" not?
>
> "maturity, market success, and reusability":

It seems to me that microdata is as reusable as class is, no?

As for market success, it is extremely unlikely that anything in the a
new version of HTML will have close to the same market success before
we even reach LC as a feature in an existing version of HTML. The best
counter example I can think of is <video> which has arguably been
extremely successful, at least if you count the amount of press it is
getting. However even <video>s market success currently pales in
comparison to even the most mundane features of HTML4 if we look at
the amount of usage it has.

As for maturity, how do you measure that?

/ Jonas