Re: Request to halt the heartbeat publication of HTML5 WG Draft

On 06/10/2010 07:10 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 09.06.2010 03:48, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> At this time, I am asking that the upcoming heartbeat publication of the
>> HTML5: A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML Working Draft
>> be halted until one or both are corrected.
>
> My preference would be to eliminate the W3C->WHATWG reference. Those
> drafts have stopped to be the "same" some time ago, and this WG has no
> control about what the WHATWG version might say one week from now.
>
> That being said: this is part of "Status Of This Document", which should
> be maintained by the W3C team anyway, right? So how about just fixing
> that, and proceeding with the publication?

Current status:

1) A change has been made to the WHATWG draft that appears to address
the core of my objection:

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/commit-watchers-whatwg.org/2010/004263.html

I had a brief conversation with Paul last night, and he was inclined to
agree.  We are continuing to review this.

2) Shelley has raised a Formal Objection:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2010Jun/0005.html

Clearly this needs to be resolved at some point, and certainly before
the document reaches PR, but what precisely is the need to resolve this
now, and prior to publication of another heartbeat draft?

> Best regards, Julian

- Sam Ruby