Re: New split-out drafts

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Some things that struck me as odd and perhaps worth improving:
>
> 1) The introduction has no normative content, and at least in the
> dev.w3.org copy doesn't usefully link to the modules. Perhaps it should
> be combined with either the Core or Vocabulary specs.

Having non-normative parts if actually pretty common in the W3C (e.g. XML
Schema and RDF both do this).

> 2) The core spec defines parts of the vocabulary, including link types,
> and the hidden, accesskey, contenteditable and draggable attributes.

This was an attempt to address feedback raised through Bugzilla.

> 3) Cross-module links appear to be broken or no longer links (thus
> losing the cross-reference) in many cases.

Cross-spec cross-references in general are apparently going to be
supported at some future point by the preprocessor script that we use, so
hopefully this will become a non-issue. (gsnedders, can you shed any light
on this?)