Re: New split-out drafts

On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:00 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> As part of addressing some bugs over the past few days, I've
> reorganised
> the HTML5 spec into a number of subspecs.
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/html5/spec/Overview.html?content-type=text/html
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/vocabulary/Overview.html
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/core/Overview.html
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/Overview.html
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/Overview.html
>   http://dev.w3.org/html5/postmsg/Overview.html
>
> I'd like to propose that we public FPWDs for these new drafts (all
> but the
> first once above, which we've already published; presumably a
> regular WD
> would be suitable at this time for that draft).

I encourage Working Group members to review the split, and we'll
likely put forward the additional FPWD resolutions in a couple of days.

Some things that struck me as odd and perhaps worth improving:

1) The introduction has no normative content, and at least in the dev.w3.org
  copy doesn't usefully link to the modules. Perhaps it should be
combined with either the Core or Vocabulary specs.

2) The core spec defines parts of the vocabulary, including link
types, and the hidden, accesskey, contenteditable and draggable
attributes.

3) Cross-module links appear to be broken or no longer links (thus
losing the cross-reference) in many cases.

Regards,
Maciej