Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

From: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 22:21:18 +0100
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>
I oppose publishing HTML5 Microdata as an FPWD. The course of action I'd prefer would be to publish a Microdata spec usable outside HTML, perhaps with an appendix describing specific additional requirements (as few as possible) for HTML integration (or a separate spec, following the example of RDFa in XHTML). I believe this WG is neither capable (mainly because of the Editor's unwillingness) nor chartered (and accurately so) to do the former. If the RDFa WG follows up with such a draft (most likely in the form of RDFa 1.1 taking into account the advantages of Microdata), we may investigate the possibility to build on this.

Regarding a new WD of HTML,
> I support publication
> of a new HTML5 Working Draft solely to stop Wikipedians from trying to
> move [[HTML5]] back to [[HTML 5]] based on a months-old Working Draft
> that uses a space in the name.  ;)
(Aryeh Gregor)
I'd like to ask for the rationale of this change.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Maczyński