From: public-html-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Krzysztof Maczynski
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 1:21 PM
To: Maciej Stachowiak
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

I oppose publishing HTML5 Microdata as an FPWD. The course of action I'd prefer would be to publish a Microdata spec usable outside HTML, perhaps with an appendix describing specific additional requirements (as few as possible) for HTML integration (or a separate spec, following the example of RDFa in XHTML). I believe this WG is neither capable (mainly because of the Editor's unwillingness) nor chartered (and accurately so) to do the former. If the RDFa WG follows up with such a draft (most likely in the form of RDFa 1.1 taking into account the advantages of Microdata), we may investigate the possibility to build on this.

Regarding a new WD of HTML,
> I support publication
> of a new HTML5 Working Draft solely to stop Wikipedians from trying to
> move [[HTML5]] back to [[HTML 5]] based on a months-old Working Draft
> that uses a space in the name.  ;)
(Aryeh Gregor)
I'd like to ask for the rationale of this change.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Maczyński