Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

Hi Krzysztof,

Although Working Draft publications do not require consensus, I
encourage you to consider withdrawing this objection for the following
reasons:

- Working Draft publications do not have to have consensus and do not
even have to meet requirements. Thus, your specific technical concern
that Microdata should be made usable outside HTML need not block
publication as a Working Draft. The right way to handle it would be to
raise this technical issue separately, e.g. in the bug tracker.
- The HTML WG charter specifically calls for us to include extension
mechanisms: "The HTML WG is encouraged to provide a mechanism to
permit independently developed vocabularies ... to be mixed into HTML
documents." Microdata is one way to mix in such vocabularies.
- There is precedent for this Working Group to publish a separate
Working Draft that a potentially general extension mechanism to HTML,
namely HTML+RDFa. No one objected to that publication on the basis of
being out of charter, insufficiently general, or done in the wrong
Working Group, either before or after publication.

(No need to comment further if you stand by your objection.)

Regards,
Maciej