Re: no change proposal for ISSUE-55, but a new plan for @profile

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 21:36 +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:

> At present there are three supporters of this approach: Tantek, Manu
> and myself.

+1.

FWIW, this idea seems (so far) fairly similar to an approach I mooted
about a month ago as a solution for distributed extensibility in HTML.

>     http://microformats.org/wiki/html5-profile
>
> We hope that a FPWD-ready specification should be complete at the end
> of March, but will only propose a FPWD at that time if we feel that
> the work is ready.

@profile essentially assigns additional meaning to particular parts of
HTML which would otherwise have no common semantics. (Their meaning
would otherwise be private to the document.)

It is commonly used to assign meanings to @class, @rel and @rev tokens.
It would be useful for the specification to clarify which parts of HTML
@profile may be used to establish semantics for, and which are beyond
the scope of profiles.

I'd humbly suggest that its scope cover at least:

  @class
  @rel / @rev
  @data-*

--