W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > February 2010

Re: ACTION-170: Update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues

From: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:10:44 +0000
Message-ID: <55687cf81002110410k2ffd410asf3c45adb87d059e9@mail.gmail.com>
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
Hi paul,

re:

>ACTION-173: Update Change Proposal for ISSUE-31 missing-alt Steve Faulkner
2010-02-10
I believe this was in relation to this change proposal
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElement20091203

I have updated the proposal, pruning 2 aspects of the proposal (regarding
the use of ARIA attributes) so the change proposal include only 1 change.

I have done this as i think that the aria attributes issue is covered by
laura carlsons proposal
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElement20090126

While Laura's proposal also touches on the title attribute issue detailed in
my proposal I still think it is worthwhile keeping my proposal seperate from
Lauras'

In regards to
>ACTION-138: Produce an ARIA matrix based on Henri's work Steve Faulkner
2010-02-11

Apart from filing a number of bugs on individual aspects of the ARIA
conformance rules specified in HTML5 I have made no substantial progress on
this.
I need to talk with the a11y taskforce about how we want to proceed. I will
upate the WG after todays call.

regards
Stevef


On 10 February 2010 15:37, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  > ACTION-170: Update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues Janina
> Sajka 2010-02-11
>
>
>
> I am including this ACTION item on this week’s WG meeting agenda since we
> agreed that you would give a report at least every two weeks.
>
>
>
> Since the content of your oral report was not recorded very well in the
> minutes two weeks ago, I wonder if you could send a short written update to
> the WG during or just before the WG meeting on Thu so we have a written
> record of your report for WG members that cannot attend the meeting.
>
>
>
> Note as well that I am putting the following two open ACTION items under
> the A11Y TF part of the agenda and it would be useful to get a status update
> on these “overdue” action items:
>
>
>
> >ACTION-138: Produce an ARIA matrix based on Henri's work Steve Faulkner
> 2010-02-11
>
> >ACTION-173: Update Change Proposal for ISSUE-31 missing-alt Steve Faulkner
> 2010-02-10
>
>
>
> /paulc
>
>
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
>
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
>
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
>
>
>



-- 
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG Europe
Director - Web Accessibility Tools Consortium

www.paciellogroup.com | www.wat-c.org
Web Accessibility Toolbar -
http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html
Received on Thursday, 11 February 2010 12:11:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:39:14 UTC