Re: Video copy protection

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:59:10 -0800
Cc: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

On Feb 9, 2010, at 11:57 , Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> Because that's an open-ended problem,
> I still don't understand. How is getting the 'no save' meta data
> different from getting meta data like duration and frame rate?

pretty well any media subsystem worth using will tell you the width and height, duration, etc. of the media.  Not many have explicit access to this kind of data;  you'd need special-purpose code to grovel around in movie files, mp4 files, avi files, ogg files, mxf files, rtsp SDP descriptions, mpeg-2 transport streams, .... well, you get the idea.

David Singer