Re: request to re-open http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/116

On 11.08.2010 14:04, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 13:58:14 +0200, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> If we escalate all the issues that haven't been looked at for over two
>> months, that would indeed be a problem.
>>
>> But it appears to me that the problem that needs to be solved is that
>> they don't get attention (one of my bugs is over 3 months old with no
>> action so far).
>
> Maybe, but on the other hand all large projects have bugs that get not
> looked at for some time. Ian was away for some time as well and looking
> at the general activity it seems emails are on the way down now and I
> think bugs will be next:
>
> http://www.whatwg.org/issues/data.html?period=6

Well, it would be nice if progress on the spec would not depend on a
single person's time.

Furthermore, it appears that the introduction of the Decision Policy has
led to a situation where the WG is focused on process issues, polls, and
change proposals.

Optimally, instead it would be the place for technical discussion
*before* things get escalated.

Best regards, Julian