Re: Zero-edit Change Proposal for ISSUE-90 figure, ISSUE-91 aside, ISSUE-93 details, ISSUE-95 hidden, ISSUE-96 progress, and ISSUE-97 meter

From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:03:46 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "Edward O'Connor" <hober0@gmail.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:06 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2010, at 7:46 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Several of us have written a zero-edit Change Proposal to keep the
>
> various new elements, attributes, and controls that are up for
>
> deletion. You can find our Change Proposal on the WG wiki here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/KeepNewElements
>

> It's good to see some specifics. I appreciate you all taking the time
> to respond to my change proposals.
>
> Co-Chairs, I ask for some time to respond to this counter-proposal.
> I'm assuming that the May 6th deadline is still viable for
> counter-proposals. May I have until that time to modify my change
> proposals to answer the issues raised in this counter-proposal?
>
> We're not going to cut conversation off before everyone has had a fair
> chance to revise their proposals.
> However, since we're not expecting additional alternate proposals or
> counter-proposals, now seems a fine time to start discussion.
> Regards,
> Maciej

Folks can discuss if they wish. I would rather make adjustments in my
change proposals in order to respond to new issues raised with this
change proposal. Frankly, I don't feel comfortable in participating in
discussions in this group.

Additionally, just because you're not expecting any other
counter-proposals doesn't mean there won't be any. You have recorded a
specific date for such counter-proposals. I suggest you honor the
date. These items have been treated irregularly from the beginning. I
would hope for some consistency at some time in the process.

Shelley