Re: Change back the semantics of <cite>

From: Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:36:10 +0200
To: HTMLWG <public-html@w3.org>
I'm confused about all this discussion.

I like a lot the idea to use <cite> to indicate names, mostly because
a title can be seen as the name of something, but there is a
problematic use case, pointed by Karl : <cite>Huckleberry Finn</cite>,
<cite>Mark Twain</cite>. We can't distinguish the author's name from
the title's book (of in this case, it's quite obvious).

And it also solves the need of a way to indicate acting directions in
theatrical dialog or IRC.

--
Olivier G.
http://identi.ca/lespacedunmatin