Re: Accessibility Task Force

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:52:32 -0400
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com)" <mjs@apple.com>, "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)" <mike@w3.org>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>
On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 14:37 -0500, Laura Carlson wrote:
> Hi Michael and Philippe,
>
> > The PFWG has no issues with the HTML patent policy, and I don't expect most
> > of the individual members of PF would have a problem joining the HTML WG
> > under its policy.
>
> Would it work for task force members to sign a statement agreeing to
> the HTML patent policy? Would that enable a joint TF?

We already have such a statement: it's in the charter of the HTML
Working Group. Trying to put something new in place is going to require
a lot more resources that I don't think we're willing to come up with.
Having folks to sign up on the HTML Working Group charter is the easiest
way forward.

Philippe