Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 15:12:30 -0400
Cc: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>, public-html@w3.org
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

Le 18 oct. 2009 à 14:52, Jonas Sicking a écrit :
> For example by putting <video> in the spec
> we say that we believe that this is a better way to embed video than
> by using <object> and flash.

Indeed,  and object element is still in the spec.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-object-element

It seems there is a quite wide consensus around video element, which
is far to be the case for microdata, specifically among authors.

 >3.2. Priority of Constituencies
 >In case of conflict, consider users over authors over implementors
over specifiers over theoretical purity.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada