Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

From: Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:56:46 -0700
To: "Karl Dubost" <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "Shelley Powers" <shelleyp@burningbird.net>, <public-html@w3.org>
>> For example by putting <video> in the spec
>> we say that we believe that this is a better way to embed video
>> than
>> by using <object> and flash.

> Indeed,  and object element is still in the spec.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/text-level-semantics.html#the-object-element

all applications of the nested browsing context and use of 'external'
resources available with <object>.
Anyway, to my knowledge, it is not clear whether <video> would play
'flash' movies.
That might depend upon the browser's implementation of video, Try
<video> with <object> fallback?
Best Regards,
Joe