Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net> wrote:

> Le 16 oct. 2009 à 11:40, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
>>
>> An example of my concern about RDFa is that in uses syntax that in Gecko,
>> WebKit and Presto parses to a different DOM Level 2 representation in
>> text/html and application/xhtml+xml. I can assess whether a proposal has
>> this property even if the proposal is solving a problem I wouldn't
>> personally pursue solving as a priority. This touches on my activities as a
>> parser developer.
>
> Are there (or do you know) plans to actually implement into some of the
> browsers (only one class of products) either microdata, rdfa or microformats
> in the core parsing engine?
>
> I know already some implementations of rdfa and microformats, but as
> external parser.

I'm planning on getting microdata implemented in Firefox. We'd do this
by implementing the DOM APIs described in the spec, as well as
implement hooks so that it'd be easy to create Firefox extensions that
react to microdata formats.

We already have an addon that adds microformats support to Firefox[1],
but I'm not quite sure what that support looks like.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4106

/ Jonas