Re: Content sniffing, feed readers, etc. (was HTML interpreter vs. HTML user agent)

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 01:41:39 -0700
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Cc: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com> wrote:
> Please explain "his I-D" which lists "I. Hickson" as an author.

I listed Ian as an author because I basically ripped off all of the
text from HTML 5.  Not including him would be somewhat dishonest.

> Please explain why either:
>   * giving implementors text in the HTML5 spec
>     which doesn't match text in the I-D is a good idea.

The text currently matches HTML 5 exactly (unless I made a typo somewhere).

>   * not updating text in the I-D to respond to technical
>     criticism of the I-D
>  are good ideas.

Updating the I-D is high on my priority list ATM.  In fact, I have
five hours scheduled tomorrow to do just that.  Do you have any
specific technical points that you want to make sure I address?

Thanks,
Adam