Re: minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft]

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:01:34 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, 22 May 2009 23:57:41 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

> On May 22, 2009, at 8:16 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>> I read these minutes and I was unable to discern a decision among the
>>> options I proposed:
>>> 1) Mark up examples more clearly as such in the Design Principles
>>> document.
>>> 2) Delete all examples from the Design Principles document.
>>> 3) Something else if neither of these options is acceptable.
>>> I will do #1 unless I hear otherwise in the next few days.
>> The general perception I got from the call was that this document was
>> useful as a historical guide, and as a Working Draft, and it should
>> remain as such as some people find it helpful (others may not), but
>> should not progress any further.
>> But as you were not present on the call, no decision was made.  David
>> Singer volunteered to get with you.
> I think the flaw identified in the document should be fixed, even if it
> remains a Working Draft. Would anyone like to make an argument for not
> fixing it? Or for doing something other than my proposed remedy?

I don't see ay reason not to fix it, but given the nature of the document,
it might be even easier to publish a new version that simply has a changed
status, clarifying that the group has no plan to take this any further...

Or just to do something else with your time.