Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-05-21

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:46:29 +0300
Cc: "'Sam Ruby'" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
On May 21, 2009, at 09:59, Larry Masinter wrote:

> I also agree with Roy's assessment [1] that the document is named
> incorrectly and should not be released with the current name.

Titling it "HTML 5" is actually one of the relatively few resolutions
this group has adopted formally:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007May/0909.html

95 in favor (rolling concur into this number), 3 against, 4
abstaining. Those voting against proposed instead:
5.01
Canonical HTML
(x)html5

It seems that the group consensus was overwhelmingly in favor of a
title like "HTML 5".
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/htmlbg/results#xname

It seems counter-productive to reopen this WG decision.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi