Re: head@profile: another dropped attribute

Karl Dubost 2009-02-05 05.43:
s> Le 4 févr. 2009 à 21:57, Larry Masinter a écrit :
>> From the implementation point of view, there is no cost to <head
>> profile=""> being conforming. We must support the
>> HTMLHeadElement.profile property in any case for compatibility. I
>> would guess the developers of other browsers are similarly agnostic on
>> this one.
>
> One way to improve the usability and deployment of
>     <head profile="http://example.org/path/a/profile">
> would be for an authoring tool to download the associated profile
> information to show the author the possible values.

You say "download" and "show". Would it not be better if by
"download" we could understand installed/embedded into the
authoring tool for a particular site? And if by "show" it was
meant that the predefined classnames (of the spesific profile) was
made available via pop-up menus etc in the authoring during
editing of the site? (Somewhat similar to how som authoring tools
today uses stylesheets the same way - e.g. offering to insert
'myClass' for P elements if you have defined p.myClass in your
stylesheet. And of course similar to how authoring tools generally
know the attribute values of the implied HTML 4 profile.)
--
leif halvard silli