Re: simple shorthand syntax proposal

From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:25:28 -0500
Cc: public-html@w3.org
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>

Le 5 févr. 2009 à 08:27, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :
> Allowing these shorthands would simplify and shorten html files.

The more we introduce variability, the more we are getting close of
the SGML mess and the more we are making it harder to teach.

As a geek, I enjoy shorter syntax too (and authoring tools giving me
these possibilities), but I do not think it is wise at all to
introduce these things in the syntax. Not at all.

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada