Re: Public feedback on HTML5 video

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 17:45:29 +0100
To: Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com>, Jeremy Keith <jeremy@adactio.com>, HTMLwg <public-html@w3.org>
Philip J├Ągenstedt wrote:
>> Potentially because of servers without proper partial request (byte
>> range) support...
>
> In such a case I think one can still decode the first frame and report
> the duration as +Inf (this is allowed per spec, and it is true if the
> resource is a live stream like a webcam).

In that case you'd need still to do a complete GET, and then abort the
connection (unless I'm missing something). Not good..

Best regards, Julian