Re: Public feedback on HTML5 video

On Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> I think it's more useful to load the duration and dimensions.  This is
> typically going to be only a couple of extra packets loaded
> asynchronously, right?

It's worse than that for Ogg, but I agree. Given that there's currently no
API to say "please load enough to give me the duration and dimensions, but
no more", that seems like a good default behaviour (and is what Firefox
does). Well, in fact we also proceed up to loadeddata, even if there is a
poster frame, but I think that's OK --- it's still a small amount of data
compared to a full video.

Rob
53:5-6]