From: Mark Nottingham [mailto:mnot@mnot.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:09 PM
To: Paul Cotton
Subject: Web Linking Draft 07

I've made some changes to the Web Linking draft, in response to feedback.

See:
  http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07.txt
  http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07-from-6.diff.html

There are a few changes here which are in response to feedback from Ian, Anne and others on the -06 draft.

* Registration requests are sent to a mailing list, and responded to in at most 14 days. Furthermore, although the draft doesn't specify it, the Designated Experts can set up a Web interface for making new submissions.

* A machine-readable form of the registry is available by subscribing to an e-mail list; updates will be set to it in XML. This is designed to avoid the problems of hosting a machine-readable XML file that's automatically consumed (as is seen with the DTD traffic to w3.org).

* The registry can be extended with new fields, so that (for example) HTML5 can add attributes to entries.

As always, I'm very keen to get feedback on the draft. It's currently in IETF Last Call, and I expect that when -07 is submitted, we'll call another Last Call and then progress the document.

Regards,