Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:28:34 -0800
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>

On Dec 4, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> That's fair.
>
> I just would really like to see some argument about Microdata that
> wasn't related to RDFa. I would like to actually see some evidence of
> healthy community support for it, like we see with RDFa and
> Microformats.
>
> If the only reason it exists is because folks don't like RDFa, I think
> the important point to remember is that the existence, or not, of
> Microdata will not generally influence what happens with RDFa.

It looks to me like Tab's Change Proposal to keep Microdata has six
major points in the Rationale section, only one of which cites RDFa.
It is fair game, of course, to question the strength of that point or
of any of the five other points.

(For comparison, Manu's Change Proposal to split Microdata has seven
points, six of which cite RDFa.)

Regards,
Maciej