Re: UI chrome behavior in language spec?

On Aug 23, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:

> (arguments left out --)
>
> Is it possible to satisfy both? To have a "HTML" spec which leaves
> "UI outside the content area" unspecified, and another spec,
> which has a more limited scope, "COMMON BROWSER UI SPEC"
> which *does* specify UI outside the content area?

It would be possible on a technical level. But I don't think browser
vendors would be interested in making or following such a spec. And it
doesn't seem required for interoperability. The area where open
standards are strong and effective is in protocols, formats and APIs.
Not so much in UI design.

Regards,
Maciej