Re: HTML5/SMIL integration [was: Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing]

From: Dick Bulterman <Dick.Bulterman@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:51:09 +0200
To: HTML WG Public List <public-html@w3.org>
CC: Jim Jewett <jimjjewett@gmail.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, www-smil@w3.org
Hi all,

For some reason, the progress on the list never filtered over to me --
probably my fault. Sorry.

On the HTML5/SMIL integration, it is clear that there are two objectives
from the SMIL team:
- avoid confusion
- encourage interoperability.

Things that do the same things in HTML5 & SMIL should be aligned, and
the differences should be made clear.

Unfortunately, I'm away from both my office and a computer this week (on
a sailboat), so it will take a few days for me to round things out. I'll
send off comments at the beginning of the week of 24 August.

Regards,
Dick Bulterman
co-chair, SYMM