Re: HTML5-warnings - motivations (was: HTML5-warnings - request to publish as next heartbeat WD)

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Manu Sporny<msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> You and Ian are questioning my motives for asking for the HTML5-warnings
> document to be published as a WD. Rather than let you assert what my
> intentions are, we should address these dubious claims head on:
>
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> html5-warnings-diff.html#microdata
>>
>>Here I think we see the real reason you are doing this.
>> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> It seems to me the idea of the draft is to deliver
>> html5-warnings-diff.html#microdata
>
> Both of you are out of line.
>
> You are also flat out wrong. It is no surprise that the HTML5
> specification doesn't have more editors if even warnings about spec
> language is met with these types of accusations. You undermine the HTML5
> effort by doing so.

For the record I agree that those comments were not helpful and would
have strongly preferred if they had been left out.

That said, I do agree with Maciej that the current set of warnings
seem very arbitrary and would like to see some sort hard and fast
rule. For example I think it would be better to mark up things that
have turned into perma-threads, rather than attempting to mark up ones
that might turn into perma-threads.

/ Jonas