Re: How did the summary attribute become part of HTML 4.0?

On Aug 7, 2009, at 12:32, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> >The vast majority of WAI lists didn't yet exist at the time.
>
> which may well be a reason why the info is not captured,

Regardless of the reason why there's no record to be found, it would
be good if someone who was there could recount what lead to the
addition of the summary attribute to HTML 4.0.

CCing wai-xtech, too. (The thread starts at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0373.html
  )

> also discussions may well have occured without the use of the
> keyword "summary" to  describe the resulting attribute.

I took this into account in my review of the archives.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi