Re: How did the summary attribute become part of HTML 4.0?

hi henri,
>Regardless of the reason why there's no record to be found, it would be
good if someone who was there could recount what lead to the addition of the
>summary attribute to HTML 4.0.
agreed, but I do not consider that the title attribute would ahve been
then or is now an appropriate container for summary  information of this
kind as i consider it would be annoying to many people if the summary
information was displayed whenever a user moved their mouse over the table.

regards
stevef

--
with regards