Re: How did the summary attribute become part of HTML 4.0?

On Aug 7, 2009, at 11:38, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> For people who have member access there is more info here and
> discussion:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-hc/1997OctDec/0025.html

Thanks. This one I hadn't found myself. The message has been sent
after summary was already in a draft, though.

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/1997OctDec/0077.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/1997OctDec/0088.html

These I had found, but they are comments *after* summary had already
been put into a draft.

> these are just a few examples of what appears to be an in depth
> discussion of data table accessibility in general and summary in
> particular
>
> it would appear that much of the discussion went on not on the html
> list but on the related wai list.
>  Some emails also allude to further telephone discussions around
> this topic.

Thanks. I'll review WAI archives.

--
Henri Sivonen