Re: WG comments, Working Drafts, and Last Call -- clarification please?

On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:03:31 -0400, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
wrote:

> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>  Personally, I think it's absurd that even though Sam knew this (as he
>> mentioned it), he still decided to bother seeking out consensus on the
>> publication of a Working Draft, rather than simply publishing it and
>> letting us get on with discussing the technical issues independently.
>
> I do believe I could have done it, but as I said on 3 Aug[1], I
> explicitly decided not to do so at that time.

And I think it was the right decision, Sam. It meant that we got some idea
about how to reach consensus (even if it is a temporary one) and showed
that the group can come to agreement on technical issues where honest and
intelligent interpretations don't all lead to unanimity.

cheers

Chaals