Re: summary attribute compromise proposal

Hello Everyone,

Sam wrote to Maciej [1]:
> No one is asking you to withdraw your proposal.

This is correct. Thanks to Maciej, John, Ian, Sam and all who worked
on the new text and its incorporation into the draft.

I do not see where in this new text, @summary is marked as open issue.
Did I miss the marking?

Sam wrote to John [2]:

> The way I would prefer to proceed with issues like this is for people
> like yourself to draft an even-toned text expressing the fact that this
> is an "open issue" (indicated in red boxes in the document, and marked
> up with class="XXX") and for the draft to be published after this has
> been added to the document.

Table summary has been passionately debated at length for over two
years [3], Issue 32 remains open, and Cynthia Shelly has Action 128 to
complete.

As Steve mentioned [4], this new text will unlikely be the text that
will pass last call consensus, so at this point having it marked with
something as simple as "The summary attribute is an open issue and may
be voted upon in the future" would acknowledge that. At this point,
that would be my suggestion. [5]

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Laura