Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 06:31:07 +0200, Shelley Powers
<shelleyp@burningbird.net> wrote:

>>  we should not be limiting the information to specific groups of
>> people, and should instead be making it accessible to all.

>   Interesting that you see providing helpful material to those with
> visual impairments as "limiting" the information.  Curious, and this is
> off topic, but do you also find handicap parking slots to be limiting to
> those not physically impaired?

Space and information have distinct properties. A section of space can
only be occupied by one single person, while a piece of
information/explanation like a table summary generally increases its value
the more people share it.

Hence, a summary that's visible to all becomes more valuable - even to the
visually impaired -

You can not compare sharing information to sharing space.

Sorry to follow up an off-topic comment (with a fairly obvious statement
too). I'll go back to lurking.. :)

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/