RE: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update

Sam Ruby wrote

> Sam Ruby wrote:
> > Given the number of objections, I don't believe that they can all be
> > resolved by Monday, so here are the options I have heard so far.
> >
> >  1) Publish Ian's draft as is, along with the HTML 5 differences
> >     from HTML 4. [SR]
> >  3) Publish Ian's draft, the HTML 5 differences from HTML 4, and
> >     Mike's draft. [LM, JF1]
> >  4) Instruct Mike Smith to work with Ian to incorporate [text to
> >     be provided by John Foliot] into Ian's draft [JF2]
>
> Unless I'm misreading, the number of poll options have gone from 5 to 3
> (I very much like the direction this is taking!).  I base this on the
> following emails (people are welcome to correct me if I got this
> wrong)...
>
> Dropping 2:
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0938.html
>
> Dropping 5:
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0940.html

Sam,

Given Mike's indication that he is not prepared to offer his draft for
consideration at this time
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0012.html ] I
withdraw my first objection (noted above as [JF1]) at this time.

The editor has signaled that he is willing to act upon my other objection
[JF2] and it is my impression that I will be able to remove my second
objection as well.

JF