RE: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 11:45:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'Shelley Powers'" <shelley.just@gmail.com>, "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "'Sam Ruby'" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "'HTML WG'" <public-html@w3.org>
Shelley Powers wrote:

> Having said this, John, I would hope that you don't try to hurry
> through a change document reflecting a more comprehensive view of
> summary, just because of a request for publishing a new Working Draft.

My request for more accuracy surrounding @summary is being acted upon by
the editor, with some further clarification requested and provided.  At
this writing I believe that I will be in a position to remove my objection
before Monday.  I am not requesting that the draft decide the outcome of
@summary, but to reflect that it is in an active state of discussion
(which has partially emerged today), and that the language that
contradicts WCAG 2 be set aside until such time as a decision is reached.

> In a way, a new Working Draft could be good for those who are
> interested in change, because it provides a stable point we can use
> for edits for other proposed sections, or even all new documents.

I agree, especially given what appears to be divergent paths emerging.

> Now, I may not have support from three working group members,
> but I'll still make the proposal, as a matter of form, and as a basis
> for future actions.

Shelly I would be happy to assist you here if you wish, and I am sure that
others would likely also step forward to offer input and support if you so
wish.  We can follow up offline.

JF