Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll

On Jul 31, 2009, at 5:59 PM, John Foliot wrote:

> My 2 requests are simple:
>
> Indicate in the current Working Draft that the ultimate fate of
> @summary
> is an open issue (as opposed to a conformant but obsolete attribute,
> which
> nobody has agreed to yet). [...]
>
> More importantly however, is to remove the author guidance that today
> explicitly contradicts existing, W3C approved Accessibility Guidance
> as
> written in WCAG 2.  [...]

I think it's reasonable for you to pursue these requests. Do you find
the current Editor's Draft to be more objectionable on these points
than the last published Working Draft? The previous working draft made
summary="" entirely nonconforming, and contained accessibility advice
on table descriptions contrary to WCAG2. I could understand holding
publication if the Editor's Draft had gotten egregiously worse on some
particular point, from your point of view. But I don't see the point
of delaying publication if things are no worse (and arguably a bit
better) than the last Working Draft.

Regards,
Maciej