Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2009, at 5:59 PM, John Foliot wrote:
>
>> My 2 requests are simple:
>>
>> Indicate in the current Working Draft that the ultimate fate of @summary
>> is an open issue (as opposed to a conformant but obsolete attribute,
>> which
>> nobody has agreed to yet). [...]
>>
>> More importantly however, is to remove the author guidance that today
>> explicitly contradicts existing, W3C approved Accessibility Guidance as
>> written in WCAG 2.  [...]
>
> I think it's reasonable for you to pursue these requests. Do you find
> the current Editor's Draft to be more objectionable on these points than
> the last published Working Draft? The previous working draft made
> summary="" entirely nonconforming, and contained accessibility advice on
> table descriptions contrary to WCAG2. I could understand holding
> publication if the Editor's Draft had gotten egregiously worse on some
> particular point, from your point of view. But I don't see the point of
> delaying publication if things are no worse (and arguably a bit better)
> than the last Working Draft.

This is not a matter of delay.  Ignoring other drafts that may not be in
consideration, there apparently will be two drafts ready by sometime
Monday-ish.  If Ian is not predisposed to consider the request that John
has proposed and John has not withdrawn his request, there will be a
poll.  Based on the results of that poll, one or both drafts will be
published.

> Regards,
> Maciej

- Sam Ruby