Re: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Given the number of objections, I don't believe that they can all be
> resolved by Monday, so here are the options I have heard so far.
>
> 1) Publish Ian's draft as is, along with the HTML 5 differences
> from HTML 4. [SR]
> 2) Publish Ian's draft, the HTML 5 differences from HTML 4, and
> Manu's draft. [LM, JF1]
> 3) Publish Ian's draft, the HTML 5 differences from HTML 4, and
> Mike's draft. [LM, JF1]
> 4) Instruct Mike Smith to work with Ian to incorporate [text to
> be provided by John Foliot] into Ian's draft [JF2]
> 5) Publish Ian's draft. [LHS]

If we are to have a poll to determine which drafts to publish, I'd like
to request that the questions not be phrased in a way that makes the
publication of one contingent on another.

Given that Both Mike and Manu have stated that their drafts are not
ready for publication, that leaves just HTML5 and the HTML4 diffs draft.

I believe the poll should ask the following questions, or equivalent:

1. Should the HTML WG publish a new Working Draft of HTML 5?
2. Should the HTML WG publish a new Working Draft of HTML 5 differences
from HTML 4?

The Possible options for each question chould be something like this:
- Yes, as is.
- Yes, with minor changes
- No, until substantial changes are made
- Formally object
And a text field for any explanations.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software