Re: Revamp HTML5 doctype sniffing?

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:15:05 +0200
To: op.uryy6ag8idj3kv@zcorpandell.linkoping.osa, public-html@w3.org
On Thu, 09 Apr 2009 18:10:34 +0200, Daniel Schattenkirchner <schattenkirchner.daniel@gmx.de> wrote:

> I see, then it really is necessary to keep those doctypes trigger quirks
> mode.
>
> Could you please tell me more about <!doctype html public> ?
> It's a Full Standards Mode doctype in Opera (9.6 and latest 10 build)
> and IE. Is this also a regression or has it always been that way?

It has always been that way. There aren't many pages with that doctype. We will probably change to align with WebKit and Mozilla for that case, but if you convince the WebKit team and the Mozilla team to change their implementation then I'm sure we'll be glad to keep it triggering standards mode. :-)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software