Re: function and impacts (was: @scope and @headers reform)

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:26:23 +0200
To: joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie
CC: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>, Al Gilman <alfred.s.gilman@ieee.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>

Leif Halvard Silli 2008-09-23 18.40:

> Joshue O Connor 2008-09-23 14.45:

> Section 11.4.2 of HTML 4 contains an Table with the axis attribute, that
> I have published. [2] I have also published a modified version of that
> table, where I deleted its @headers attributes, in order to test the
> pure effect of the @axis attributes when using the HTML 4 algorithm
> (which incorporates both @headers and @axis as part of the algorithm).

   <snip>

> [4] http://tinyurl.com/axis-effect

Now I have improved on the example in the HTML 4 specification. I
deleted all the original @headers, and instead added a headers
attribute on each TD cell with an axis attribute. (I also deleted
empty TH cells.) [A] The result in the Table Inspector [B] is the
same as in the result result [C] from the original table [D], but
without all those error prone @headers on each data cell of the
latter.

[A] http://www.malform.no/html5/axis-improved
[B] http://tinyurl.com/axis-improved