Re: Is "breaking the Web" with HTML 5 a non issue?

From: Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:23:00 +0100
To: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
Dear all,
Thanks for the links and explanations clarifying the reasoning behind the
current approach. Perhaps the current approach is the least bad approach
after all. I can't say I find it wholly satisfying, because I like
deterministic, sparse systems. But that's the nature of the beast: HTML was
always pretty fuzzy, and HTML 5, by supporting existing content will, by
design, retain some of that fuzziness.

On the other hand, this still leaves the <applet> problem to deal with. ;-)

Ah, Timaeus, you haunt us still.

Sam