Re: No tabbed browsing in HTML 5?

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, N-at-Work wrote:

> So what do you think about ?_tab? as an additional keyword.
>

> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#target6
>
> +

I for one really don't see how that is a legit thing for authors to
decide.  Seems completely a user agent decision to me.  (Not to mention
terminal based browsers like lynx and screen readers that would have no
reasonable way to support it.)

I can barely remember how I used the web before tabs, but I still wouldn't
want to give control of that to the html author (and as an author I
wouldn't want that control either).  If it were added to the spec,
then browsers would have to come up with a way to ignore them which seems
like it means extra work has to get done by everyone.