Re: Is longdesc a good solution? (was: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>)

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:22:41 +0300
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
To: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>

On Sep 7, 2008, at 22:31, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> when HTML fallback for videos is wanted as well?

No. I would propose that users who don't see the video track play the
video and listen to the soundtrack. When the content provider makes an
additional effort for addressing the not seeing the video track case,
I'd suggest the effort be put into making an alternative audio
description sound track.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi