Re: Is longdesc a good solution?

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:40:54 -0500
To: "Geoffrey Sneddon" <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Cc: "public-html Group" <public-html@w3.org>

Geoffrey wrote:

> Per our charter technical discussion primarily happens on public-html.

This it true.

> Why should I spend my money attending a teleconference?

I asked myself the same question. I volunteer my time and money to
phone in out of  civic duty. Dan also suggested that attending
teleconferences might help increase the chance of completing actions
[1] and solving working group issues [2] in a more timely fashion [3].
If attendance will aid in progress I'm all for that.

Geoffrey wrote:
> And again, everyone has been doing this.

Then we are all doing real work. That's great.

I would encourage new working group members, to complete the HTML WG
task survey [4] if you haven't already done so.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/