From: "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
To: "Steven Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>;
<public-html@w3.org>; "W3C WAI-XTECH" <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:00 AM
Subject: Re: Is longdesc a good solution?

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> david poehlmann wrote:
>> If I see a text link, it would have to be well labeled for me to know
>> that
>> it is a descriptive link.  if I see a longdesc associated with a link, I
>> don't have to make a leap.
>
> This does not appear to be speculation, it appears to be the
> experience of one potential consumer of longdesc.

Sure, that statement of his is a is information about personal
experience.  But the statement you didn't quote is nothing but speculation:

"I see one problem with this that has already been mentioned. That is
since it is not widely encountered on the web, many will not know what a
long description is."

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/