Re: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:19:40 +0200
To: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
CC: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, public-html@w3.org, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>

But I qualfied what I meant by "all browsers".

The built-in screen reader of Mac OS X - VoiceOver does not
support @longdesc. VoiceOver is based on WebKit - aka Safari.

This leads to this strange contradiction: While Apple's Safari
supports @longdesc, their Safari based screen reader doesn’t. (The
same contradiction applies for the screenreading support in Opera
on Mac OS X - which also uses VoiceOver.)

Anyway, my point was to say that the support for @longdesc is much
better than Lachlan claims simply because all the mayor browsers,
on which the screen readers usually are based, they support it.

David Poehlman 2008-09-05 14.49:

--
leif halvard silli